Brake Service For Every Vehicle
Whether you’re an adventure driver with your 4×4 truck off the beaten path every chance you get, or an import driver who prefers a well-paved straightaway, brakes should be a top priority for any driver! At TGN Auto Care in Kennesaw, Georgia, we have the parts and factory-trained technicians to fix any brake issues, but the question remains: what does it look like when your brakes begin to fail?
Signs You Need Brake Service
Unlike some other vehicle issues, your brakes are pretty obvious when they begin to fail. Our technicians put together a list of the eight most common signs of brake failure, because trust us, you’ll notice these ones!
- Your brake light – Pretty simple, but if your dash lights up saying the brakes have a problem, the best option is to have a technician check it out.
- Sounds – Your brakes perform an extreme function slowing down your wheels. If they are losing their grip, your brakes will make a squealing or squeaking sound that means they are not able to gain traction in stopping your tires.
- Vibrations – Motion may accompany the sounds of brake failure because while your brakes skip along, unable to gain traction, it will cause a shuddering sensation over the whole vehicle.
- Leaks – If you see brake fluid pooling under your vehicle, checking your brake pressure is the first step to finding the problem. Your brake fluid is what creates the pressure to press your brake caliper against the wheel to stop it. Without enough pressure, the brakes won’t effectively slow you down.
- Spongy brakes – Poor brake fluid pressure will also affect the feel of your brake pedal. If it begins to feel softer, or like you are pressing it all the way to the floor before you feel any resistance, this is a sign you need to have your brakes checked.
- Pulling – If you find your vehicle is pulling to one side, it may be the problem is a brake hose gone bad.
- Smells – Your vehicle does produce quite a few smells, but there is one that should always concern you: the smell of burning. If you smell this when you are trying to brake, it may be that the brakes are creating so much friction failing to slow down your vehicle that they’ve heated to a dangerous temperature. If you experience this, pull over immediately to let your vehicle cool down and call a technician.
- Bouncing – Some drivers experience bouncing when they are braking sharply and assume this would have to do with the brakes. In reality, your shock absorbers also determine the smoothness of your ride, so in this instance, your brakes may not be the culprit.
Schedule Brake Repair Online
Our online scheduling makes finding an appointment that suits your schedule as easy as the click of a button. Our staff at TGN Auto Care will listen to your specific concerns for your vehicle. Whether you experience any of the brake failure symptoms above, or you are looking for regular preventative maintenance, our team will help you select services, and only the services you need! Our customers trust us to give an honest assessment of our findings and that’s our way of making sure you feel fully informed every step of the way. Swing by the shop today to see our team at work or to discuss repair and service options for your vehicle: 5625 Bells Ferry Rd. Acworth, Ga. 301201